Today’s entry for the 175 Days to Love Chicago celebrates the Grant Park Music Festival, whose holiday concert actually kicked off about 2.5 hours ago. Whoops, guess I missed that one. I am so not sad about it seeing as today also matched the Chicago historical high of 102 degrees. Here is what I did do today to celebrate Independence Day from the comfort of my own home:
- Watched 6 episodes of American Experience: Wyatt Earp; WE SHALL REMAIN: After the Mayflower, Tecumseh”s Vision (totally want to give a male child this as a middle name a la Pat Conroy‘s Beach Music), Trail of Tears, Geronimo, Wounded Knee; and Civilian Conservation Corps. I need brain candy so I’m watching the third season of Grey’s Anatomy, otherwise I’d also watch the episode Freedom Riders. Which I would hope encourage me to finally finish reading John Lewis’ memoir Walking with the Wind. Ugh, I think I’ll have to start over — it has been nearly six years since I met the man!
- Finished one book: Liza Gyllenhaal‘s So Near
- Started and finished one book: Jan Goldstein‘s All That Matters
- Continued another book: Ki Longfellow‘s The Secret Magdalene
- Started another book: Sarah Jio’s The Bungalow. Can you tell I’ve missed pleasure reading while I was in grad school?
- Fixed my pedicure, redid my manicure, and knitted about sixty rows on my prayer shawl for my aunt. t
Bummed that I missed the holiday back in Nebraska, but hey, everyone, I’ll be back for B’s wedding in August!